My soul-mate, lover, friend, husband. My Phil.

My blog about my first husband. He was everything I ever wanted. He may not have been the most handsome man in the world to everyone else, but to me, he was perfect. I loved him with every fibre of my body and soul. I still do. Forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I am married, for the second time, was widowed. Have some AWESOME friends on the internet. Live in Blackpool. On the north west coast of England.

30 December 2005

Life with Phil

Life was never dull with Phil around. We lived by few rules. But rule number one was "have fun". We laughed a lot, always. I wanted nothing more then to please Phil. If he was happy, then so was I. We didn't have much money, but that didn't seem to matter. We didn't need much as long as we had each other. We lived for each other, and the kids, and the dogs. Nothing else mattered. Life wasn't easy. But I always knew we would make it as long as I had Phil by my side.
When Phil was married to his first wife, Hazel, he was in the army. He was stationed in many places. But one he loved was Malta. He always wanted to go back. I promised that, if there was ANY way, we would go. I had an accident due to a poorly maintained road, and managed to get some compensation out of the local council. With that money I took Phil back to Malta. We went with some friends.I know it bought back memories for him. His first son, Andrew, was conceived in Malta. The following video is made from photos taken in Malta, and just after we got back from Malta. There are also some odd shots in it that you have seen before. But I hope to convey just how much I love Phil. Even now. The video is quite long. But I hope you will watch it all the way through. Also, please listen to the music. It means something. The first song, unchained melody was a song Phil used to sing to me, with his sweet baritone voice. I loved him singing. I could listen for ages.

5 Comments:

Blogger susan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:29 am  
Blogger susan said...

Gonna try this again...Great Pics and music...was the last song Lonestar??? Unchained Melody is a beautiful song but painful also...That took alot of time and love to put together...You were so lucky to have him!!!

12:34 am  
Blogger Cassandra said...

Beautiful Wendy!
I like rule number one.
If only you could still try to live by that rule!
Have fun, I think Phil would want that for you!!!

8:37 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Something told me to come to this blog from your other one. And I played the video and I was crying. It felt like I could feel some of your pain and anguish thru that video. Of course, it would be a very litle look at your feelings, but just that little amount I saw made me see that yours is a very great sorrow indeed, and I feel so sorry. I'm sorry I didn't get back to this blog before now. I am so very, very sorry. I can understand how very hard it must be for you to find a reason to carry on...with much love and many hugs, Linda PS I know all 3 songs very well. "I believe" we had to sing in my school choir

7:57 pm  
Blogger Kiley said...

My friend Scott (lost him to suicide last year) always sang "Vincent" to me. :-)

9:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home