My soul-mate, lover, friend, husband. My Phil.

My blog about my first husband. He was everything I ever wanted. He may not have been the most handsome man in the world to everyone else, but to me, he was perfect. I loved him with every fibre of my body and soul. I still do. Forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I am married, for the second time, was widowed. Have some AWESOME friends on the internet. Live in Blackpool. On the north west coast of England.

04 January 2006

The loss of a loved one.

Reading about the loss of the miners in WV has made me think a lot about Phil. I know the pain of losing a loved one without having the chance to say goodbye, or I love you. Phil died 5 minutes before they allowed me to see him. But at least I had an idea that he was dying. The families of those miners thought they were dead, then they were told they were alive, then they were told they were dead. How painful must that be. How terrible to have your heart ripped apart twice. in so short a time. Who can they blame? There is no one. At least I could blame the doctors and nurses. Life seems to be so fragile, no matter which side of the barrier you are on.

2 Comments:

Blogger susan said...

I know what you are talking about...can you just imagine the agony those miners families were put through...my hubby is a retired firefighter and he didn't like the sound of what he heard on the the tv...Carbon Mondixe(can't spell) is deadly...the only thing about it is the miners went to sleep and went in any pain...Other than that can't say anything else.

8:46 pm  
Blogger Linda said...

Yes I watched the miner tragedy all that night until I heard "12 alive" and because I had to work the next day, I went to bed happy that things ended well for 12 families. The next morning I was so very upset..anyway...love&hugz, Linda

8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home