My soul-mate, lover, friend, husband. My Phil.

My blog about my first husband. He was everything I ever wanted. He may not have been the most handsome man in the world to everyone else, but to me, he was perfect. I loved him with every fibre of my body and soul. I still do. Forever.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blackpool, Lancashire, United Kingdom

I am married, for the second time, was widowed. Have some AWESOME friends on the internet. Live in Blackpool. On the north west coast of England.

12 April 2006

Understanding

I had a comment from Omni to my last post. Thank you for your comment.

Omni said...

You need to do 2 things right away:

1) Delete this blog before Clive finds it.

2) Accept that you're obsessed with Phil's memory and get some therapy to help you overcome this before it consumes your life.

Isn't that what Phil would have told you to do?

xo

2 Comments:

Blogger Ovedya said...

Greetings,

I think the comment was at the very least callous. Some folks have about as much tact as a drunken 40-year-old prostitute. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

However...

On the surface it does appear to me that you are doing your current husband a bit of injustice by memorializing your deceased husband like this. But then again, I don't know you and I don't know what kind of relationship you have with your current husband, Clive. If he's okay with this, then more power to you.

Writing is a good way of grieving, but I also think at some point there is some benefit to therapy - or at least to talking to someone that you can really trust, and who can help you work through things. For example, you talked about waking up every morning and missing Phil, and also that you wished sometimes you could stop thinking the way you do about Phil. Those are some issues that therapy can really help with.

Just some advice. Take it or leave it. I hope it's not offended you in any way.

;o)

8:35 pm  
Blogger Kiley said...

I understand exactly where you are coming from Tazfan; take care and keep blogging, it is very therapeutic in itself to do so. :-) I sincerely understand.

9:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home